Maritime 2050 Innovation Forum
Aura Innovation Centre, Bridgehead Business Park, Meadow Rd, Hull, Hessle HU13 0GD
9th March, 9:30am-4:30pm
Maritime UK is delighted to announce details of the first Maritime 2050 Innovation Forum, due to be held in Hull to coincide with the Maritime UK Awards 2023.
The Maritime 2050 Innovation Forum provides an opportunity for maritime and non-maritime businesses to better understand the market and innovation opportunities forthcoming from the UK Maritime economy including the supply chain for offshore renewables.
Hosted in Humberside, on the day of the Maritime UK Awards, the event will showcase the maritime assets and opportunities in the region including regional research, the Humber Freeport and news from the regional maritime cluster.
The event will include:
- Keynotes from Tom Chant MBE, Chief Executive of the Society for Maritime Industries and Robin Mortimer, Chief Executive of Port of London Authority
- News from the £206M UK SHORE investment in clean maritime
- Case studies from leading maritime innovations across the UK
- Opportunities to get involved in funded collaborative R&D bids through workshops led by: The Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult; The Defence and Security accelerator; The National Composite Centre; The Connected Places Catapult; Innovate UK
- Innovation and International Collaboration
- Funding and support for innovative businesses, export support and R&D Tax credits
- Ample opportunity to network with other innovative businesses from across the UK
A free lunch will be provided. Parking is available on site.
For those wishing to attend the Maritime UK Awards there will ample time to travel between the two events but the awards must be booked separately at https://maritimeuk.org/awards-2023/bookings/.
The event is organised by the Maritime UK and the Society for Maritime Industries, in partnership with the Aura Centre to enable greater UK supply chain take up of maritime business opportunities from across the wider supply chain.
NSIGN Market Sounding Phase continues with an online webinar on Wednesday 27th September and a Market Sounding Day on Monday 9th October in London
Become a member
We promote the interests of UK based companies in the international market place and to governmentsJoin US See the Benefits
Marine Autonomy Challenge (MAChallenge)
This exciting challenge is open to teams of students studying at UK universities. The first phase involves a video submission and the finals take place in November this year. Each qualifying team will be provided with an industry simulator to enable them to build the autonomous behaviours required to achieve a series of challenges.Enter Now