SOCIETY OF MARITIME INDUSTRIES TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR EVENTS (NOT INCLUDING EXHIBITIONS) BOOKED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE
- A completed booking form submitted to the Society through this website is contractually binding on you and your company irrespective of whether or not payment has been received. Where payment is not made by credit card at the time of booking, payment must be made within 7 days of receipt of an invoice from the Society. Any terms sought to be imposed by you in your booking will not form part of the contract.
- The Society will endeavour to confirm a booking the next working day by sending an email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- Changes of delegate names can be made up to 3 full working days before the event but fees cannot be refunded for cancellations received after the registration deadline for the event. Refund for bookings cancelled before expiry of the registration deadline will be limited to 50% of the fee charged.
- Any entitled credit will be to the credit/debit card used for the original booking or, where invoiced, by BACS to the nominated bank account providing the original payment request for payment has been made.
- Where you are unable to attend an event you have booked and paid for you are entitled to receive the presentations provided for the event in electronic format, after the event.
- In the event that the Society needs to change the timings of parts of the programme or the speakers of the event, the booking fees cannot be refunded.
- If, for reasons beyond the control of the Society, it is necessary to cancel the event or postpone it to another date, the fee paid will be credited to the credit/debit card used for the original booking or, where invoiced, by BACS to the nominated bank account providing the original payment request for payment has been made.
- The Society is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration, postponement, or cancellation of the event due to causes beyond its control including, but without limitation, natural disasters, sabotage, accident, trade or industrial disputes or hostilities. For the avoidance of doubt the Society cannot be held liable for any subsequent or other loss including your accommodation, meals or travel costs, linked to attendance to our event.
- Subject to the prior agreement of the speakers, summaries of the presentations made will be available to delegates who attend, only after the event, and only on request to the Events Manager by e-mail (email@example.com). These summaries will be distributed by email or on CD ROM if distribution by email is not technically feasible.
- Whilst the event programme is correct at the time of going to press, the Society reserves the right to change the details of an event without notice when alterations may be beyond our control.
- The views expressed by external speakers are their own and the Society disclaims any liability for advice provided by them to delegates.
- At certain events photographs and recordings may be taken for promotional purposes.
"Society" and related expressions means the Society of Maritime Industries Limited, a company incorporated in England under registered number 00883132, and with its registered address at 28-29 Threadneedle Street, London EC2R 8AY. Telephone +44 (0)20 7628 2555. Email: Info@maritimeindustries.org.
"you", "your" and related expressions refer to the user of the Website.
The "Website" means http://www.maritimeindustries.org and all Web pages (including all components developed and produced for the website including the up-dates, format, graphics, designs look and feel and other content) from time to time situated at that web address.
"Member" means a paid-up member of the Society of Maritime Industries.
"Service Provider" means any information, content or service provider employed by or contracted to the Society which provides information, content or services accessible on or via the Website.
“Registered User” means any individual or company which has registered with this website so as to receive and access information from it including registering to attend an event.