This market area provides the focus for the naval and maritime defence interests of member companies of the Society of Maritime Industries (SMI). Member companies range from large corporations to small manufacturers and systems houses. Their products and services cover virtually everything associated with modern warships, submarines, coastguard and other government related vessels.
- Organising the UK group, in association with UKTI DSO, to major international trade shows such as DIMDEX, Euronaval, Exponaval and Pacific
- Facilitating outward and inward trade missions to create business opportunities through greater international co-operation
- Supporting companies in challenging discriminatory applications of regulations, lobbying for beneficial amendments on regulatory and fiscal issues through the Defence Industries Council
- Fostering relations with UK parliamentary maritime interest groups, promoting dialogue between the maritime defence industries and UK and European non-governmental organisations
- Organising networking opportunities through regular briefings, presentations, lunches and dinners, researching and disseminating information from the Ministry of Defence and data relevant to the maritime defence industry
The BNEA Council sets the policy and guides the activities for this market area, utilising the extensive expertise of its council members. A list of council members can be found here.
Captain Christopher McHugh - BNEA Council Director
t: 0207 628 2555