This market area is the focus for our interface with UK and international shipyards and ship owning communities. Member companies seeking to develop their business associated with the building and operations all types of merchant ships and craft, including cargo vessels, container ships, tankers, bulkers, fishing boats, LNG carriers, FPSOs, specialist ships, passenger/car ferries, ro-ros, fast ships, superyachts and cruise liners are welcome to participate in the arranged activities.
- Organising a UK group for major international trade shows such as Asia Pacific Maritime, Kormarine, Marintec, Nor-Shipping, Posidonia and SMM
- Outward trade missions to developing and established territories
- Inward trade missions of international ship owners and shipyard personnel to attend presentations in the UK by marine equipment and service firms
- Monitoring and assistance with regulations of relevance to the sector from the IMO and European Commission
- Assistance with relevant contacts in the industry
- Opportunities to network with other members for system and sub-system packages
The BMEA Council sets the policy and guides the activities of this market area, utilising the extensive expertise of its members. A list of council members can be found here.
Tom Chant - Director of Business Development and BMEA Council Director
t: 0207 628 2555