This market area is the focus for the oceanographic and marine environment interests of members of the Society of Maritime Industries (SMI). Companies, universities and organisations in the marine science sector, which include manufacturers, researchers, survey companies and system suppliers, benefit from the connections and activities provided through membership.
- Information on issues of significance in marine science and technology provided in regular briefings
- Opportunities to network with other members across the whole of the Society of Maritime Industries (SMI) for commercial benefit
- A partnership arrangement with Ocean Business through which members can enjoy major benefits
- As official supporters of Oceanology International, members obtain a higher profile at the event and the use of a lounge for client meetings on the Society of Maritime Industries (SMI) stand
- Attendance opportunities at meetings of the Parliamentary and Scientific Committee
The AMSI Council sets the policy and guides the activities for this market area, utilising the extensive expertise of its members. A list of council members can be found here.
Each year we undertake a business trends survey of the marine science and technology sector in the UK which is the only survey of its kind. The survey has proved invaluable in helping to inform government and other key stakeholders about the significance of marine science and technology in the UK. The survey can be viewed in the resources section of this web site.
The Society of Maritime Industries (SMI) Donald Maxwell Award Fund supports this award. The AMSI Council considers nominations for this award each year which recognises an individual who has made a significant contribution to the business of the marine science and technology sector in the UK. Download a Nomination form for the 2017 AMSI Council Person Business Person of the Year Award.
Ocean Business is an international ocean technology exhibition and training forum which with the 2015 edition celebrated its most successful show yet attracting 4500+ visitors from over 65 countries. For information on the 2017 show visit www.oceanbusiness.com
John Murray - Chief Executive
t: 0207 448 7020